Operate – Maintain Chainsaws
Basic Tree Felling Course
Intermediate Tree Felling Course
Advanced Tree Felling Course
Contact CQ Chainsaw Training
About Our Course Classes
About Our Trainer Les Allen
Area of QLD We Can Cover
Chainsaw operator training (cross-cutting)
- OH&S, legislative requirements, organisational safety policies and procedures, environmental issues
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Chainsaw design and safety features
- Hazards associated with chainsaw operation
- Starting and stopping a chainsaw safely
- Correct operational techniques
- Power head maintenance
- Chainbrake, bar, chain & sprocket maintenance
- Identifying chain size & type
- Chain sharpening
Basic Cross Cutting
- Site risk assessment
- Preparation of equipment & worksite
- Is to include the process of cutting directly across the diameter of a log – horizontal or at an angle- without hitting the ground AND
- Cross cutting completed without leaning over the bar or using the saw above shoulder height AND
- Minimize risk of pinching the saw in the timber by using the correct order of cuts AND
- To include the correct operation of the chainbrake throughout
Teaching strategy: Lectures, demonstrations, student workbooks, various handouts, practical training.
Method of assessment: Oral / written tests, multiple choice questions, short answer questions, verbal questions, practical exercises.
Entry requirements: Participants will need to meet the age requirements as stated in relevant Government regulations or industrial awards, and will need to demonstrate the physical and psychological capacity to manipulate a chainsaw safely and accurately.
Student numbers: 8 per class (nominal).
Attendance: Participants must attend all sessions to achieve competence.
Trainer/s: Our instructors are appropriately qualified and have recognised teaching qualifications including Workplace Assessor.
General information: All training aids including chainsaws and safety equipment will be provided for use as required. Student notes, good for future reference are supplied to each student and may be retained. Suitable timber is required for the practical component of the course. Participants are required to wear/bring their own steel capped boots.
- FWPCOT2237 – Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2239 – Trim and cross cut felled trees
Duration: … 2 Days – course duration may depend on course numbers, experience and performance of participants.
Prerequisites: … None
Qualification: … Statement of Attainment
Outcomes: … Ability to use a chainsaw safely on the ground (crosscutting)
All training aids including chainsaws and safety equipment will be provided for use as required. Student Notes, good for future reference are supplied to each student and may be retained. Suitable timber is required for the practical component of the course. Participants are required to wear/bring their own steel capped boots.